Friday, September 24, 2010

Important People....

     Dan Perrone is one of the most interesting people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He sees beauty in the most unlikely of things, and it is impossible to remain immune to his enthusiasm once he articulates his point of view. And it is essential that he does, because I can't imagine that anyone sees the world like Dan. 
     Dan is a rare person in whom real creativity and amazing technical talent come together and surprise you. One of the things I appreciate most about him is his unfailing sincerity - his work isn't built on cynicism, as I find to be the case with a lot of contemporary art. Instead, it forces you to abandon irony and submit to believing that there are things in the world worth marveling at - technology, history, nature, culture, how we live. 
      And even aside from his work, Dan is kind, sincere and generous of spirit. That, in and of itself, is worth appreciating.
     Dan - himself and his work - makes me excited about the world, and for that I am so grateful.


This is a piece that Dan will be showing this weekend at Maker Faire - I can't wait to see it in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment