Saturday, February 27, 2010

Important People....

I've been speaking a lot lately of the people who influence and inspire me - friends, family, mentors, prominent figures....you can tell a lot about a person by who they surround themselves with. But I find that it's difficult for me to express my admiration for the people who are closest to me, especially in one fell swoop. 

Such is the case of my boyfriend Josh. It's hard to put into words a description of who he is - to emphasize just one aspect of him seems a disservice, but it would be impossible to give an accurate portrayal on paper (or computer screen).
The best I can do is to say that Josh is the most honest person I've ever met, and he's redefined the importance of honesty in my life. When I'm with him, I know I'm getting all of him - he's not withholding anything, he's not testing me, he's not playing games. He is generous of himself.....willing to meet you where you are. Although he's one of the most intelligent people I've met, he's never set out to make me feel inadequate by my comparative lack of academia. He wants to share and be shared with and is the most uninhibited person I've met in this respect.....he gives so freely of himself.
Josh is also one of the most talented people I know, and in so many ways. He has a natural intelligence that translates into many forms of study and an artistic eye that examines art and design of all sort with equal clarity and style. If there's anyone I'd trust to critique my own work, it's Josh.
It would be impossible for me explain everything that I love about Josh....the list is just toooooooooo long. But I hope that he can know how thankful I am to have him in my life.

Happy Birthday, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment