Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pardon me, boy.....

     Last night, Josh took me dancing, to Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center. Oh my, that was so much fun!  There were people of all skill levels out dancing, and everyone was just having a wonderful time - it's not like one can go out and find a great band to swing dance to anytime. Last night, the Harlem Renaissance Orchestra played all the great standards (although I think I missed "Take the A Train, " unfortunately) and really kept the crowd moving.


     I grew up hearing my mom sing with a big band, so I love swing music. And Josh is a great dancer, so we can just get up and go - even though I'm not as experienced in swing as he is, with his firm lead, I pick it up pretty quickly. He's even starting to teach me some Lindy! It's just really fun.
     Anyway, now that I'm all juiced about swing dancing and big band music, I thought I'd share some of my favorite videos and songs with you.....

I love her dress, her voice, the sound of the band......and wait until the dancing starts! That's how I want to dance!



A very charming version of Chattanooga Choo Choo..


Of course, The Andrews Sisters version is my favorite...



And the pinacle of Lindy Hop greatness....



One of my all time favorite songs...

No comments:

Post a Comment